The Tridentine Mass
1. THE Catholic Mass TraditionalIn Latin, or Mass of St. Pius V calledIs a Valid Mass which was celebrated in this way across the world for centuries.
2. We are working as the Traditionalists preservation the old Roman rite of Mass in the form in which it has been celebrated for centuries around the world.
3. The Respect sacred traditions of the Church should be for us as a vital link with the traditional faith as to the nature of the mass, and as a safe anchorage point, we must ensure that no member is straying from the faith and those who do not know or have discovered the lost again.
4. No compromise with the spirit world: Adaptation of the Mass for the lifestyle of our era desecrated might touch his spirituality.
5. CATERING a sacred atmosphere where God comes first and in which we give Him the worship that is due to Him.
6. The VALUATION Cash in the Church, especially the sacred music and Gregorian chant, sacred polyphony.
7. The Promotion and the use of Latin, Language of the Church in its worship, teaching and administration.
8. The protection of our altars the destruction and rearrangement of our sanctuaries or desecration.
THE NEED FOR REVERENCE
"Holy things must be treated in a holy way" (The Council of Trent)
• beauty, dignity, silence, reverence to mass.
• a chance to participate in the Holy Sacrifice of the way our ancestors in faith.
• a sense of awe and mystery in worship.
• Sufficient space for meditation and private prayer.
A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE
The Latin Mass is now the only form of mass at our disposal in which all these qualities abound, and where every word, every gesture made by the priest when he offers Victim God the Father in heaven, is perfectly consistent with this supreme act of worship.
BENEFITS IN PASTORAL
By Tradition Christian, respect is fundamental to the cult because it increases the sense of the sacred and we can "see" the eternal and the supernatural. Cardinal Newman said this beautiful sentence: " for continuity Faith. "Lex orandi, lex credendi (As we believe so we pray) Summarizes the wisdom of the Church's".
It is the proven method that has inspired countless saints and martyrs, promoted devotion to the Mass between the successive generations of believers, the increase in vocations to the priesthood, religious life, and helped attract new converts.
How to recognize the traditional Roman rite Mass?
The vast majority of Catholics today do not even recognize, or worse they do not know how to participate in the Mass of Roman Rite as it was celebrated for centuries around the world. Many have simply forgotten. And if brought face to face with the Mass of their childhood, they attend with an uncomprehending look to the celebration of the mysteries that have slipped from their conscience. Even greater numbers of Catholics have never heard of the following basic principles of the Catholic faith with which religious people of all ages, including children, were familiar and which are clearly evident in the prayers and sections of the traditional Roman Mass.
From the moment the priest enters the sanctuary, rightly acquired to celebrate Mass, he declared his intention to offer the sacrifice by these immortal words: Introibo ad altare Dei ("I will go to the altar of God"), you know that you are present at one of the ancient rites and most venerable Mass in the Catholic Church.
In the old rite, the Church proposes in a completely explicit his doctrine Communion Saints, by which we are united in the bond of communion with all the faithful living and dead. The doctrine of the intercession of Our Lady and the saints whose merits can win our souls through.
The prayers of the Offertory is now unique in the Church by their doctrinal richness and beauty of their unique composition. They speak of a great reverence for the bread and wine, even before the dedication, specifically using the terminology sacrificial rhetoric of great beauty. It is a spiritual preparation for the important moment of the consecration which has been transmitted as a precious heritage of the Catholic piety through the centuries.
The consecration is the culmination of the mass at which everything converges. The Church teaches that the words "Mystery of Faith" in the formula of consecration are heard in the traditional sense that bread and wine have become truly, really and substantially the Body and Blood of Jesus ChristAnd that this change is caused by the power of God through a priest when he pronounces the words of consecration. In the sections of the old rite, reflecting the Catholic instinct to Presence real is the fact that the priest makes the genuflection immediately after the completion of this unique miracle.
Because of the nature of this supremely sacred sacrifice that is celebrated with solemnity and reverence devotee. All words and gestures of the priest are carefully regulated by the entries, which include multiple genuflections to ensure the greatest possible respect in worship.
The ancient rite which omits nothing, should serve to remind us that the Sacrifice of Mass is the sacrifice of Calvary mystically reissued on the altar. Hence the many signs of Cross made on Sacred Species and orientation of the priest on the altar of sacrifice. Heart or the focus of Mass is offering the divine victim, in the person of Christ, God, through a Valid Priest. It is an appropriate symbol and it is very powerful, when all participants in the Mass facing the same direction, ie towards the Lord, as was the practice of the universal Church from the earliest centuries.